|AENEAS MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT|
First used as a camp lookout in 1914, a log cabin was added in 1920. Then a 20' pole tower with L-4 cab was constructed in 1934, followed by a 40' wooden tower with DNR live-in cab in 1958. The present 42' wooden DNR live-in tower was constructed in 1980 and is listed on the National Historic Lookout Register. The summit was been continuously staffed every summer from 1916 to 2020, but is now on emergency status.
|Washington Dept. of Natural Resources|
|8 miles WNW of Tonasket|
|Okanogan County, Washington|
|USGS Benchmark TP1187|
|USGS Benchmark TP1189|
|Check the view from the top: North, East, East-Southeast, Southeast, South, Southwest, and West.|