|STRAWBERRY MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT|
Originally called Logan Butte in the 1860s, a phone line was installed to the summit in 1913. A firefinder was installed in 1914. The first structure, a ground cabin made of sheet steel, was added in 1916. It was destroyed by wind the following spring. A D-6 cupola cabin was eventually constructed in 1921, replaced by an L-4 cab in 1941. It was destroyed in 1966.
|Malheur National Forest|
|11 miles southeast of John Day|
|Grant County, Oregon|
|USGS Benchmark QC0909|