|SEXTON MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT|
First used with a tent in 1914, a cupola cabin was constructed in 1920 and is still on the summit (with cupola lowered). A house with tall cupola atop one corner was built in 1932, replaced by a 30' timber tower with ODF cab in 1963. It was burned by vandals in early April 2006. A replacement all-steel live-in tower continued to be staffed in the summer well into the 2010's.
|Oregon Dept. of Forestry|
|11 miles north of Grants Pass|
|Josephine County, Oregon|