|FLAGTAIL MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT|
A crow's nest tree platform (still there) was used as the first lookout in 1922. A 20' L-4 tower was built in 1933, along with a 30' wooden tower with 8x8' cab 1 mile to the east (also referred to as Snowshoe L.O.). Then in 1966, the present 53' treated timber R-6 flat was constructed. It is staffed every summer.
|Malheur National Forest|
|23 miles southwest of John Day|
|Grant County, Oregon|
|USGS Benchmark QC0996|