Established as an Aircraft Warning Service post in 1942, a 20' timber tower with ODF cab
was built in 1951. This was replaced in 1974 by a new tower which was blown over the following winter.
Then a 53' treated timber tower with ODF cab was constructed in 1975, but was destroyed by
wind in 1996. A trailer lookout was used until a replacement structure, the present 40' all-steel tower with 6x6' cab, was built in 2008. This tower remains on site, but is no longer staffed, having been replaced by an automated detection camera.