Started in 1922 with a 20' platform tower and log cabin, a 50' pole tower with 7x7' cab replaced the first tower in 1930. In 1943, an L-4 cab was added for living quarters on the ground, later remodeled for storage, and is still on the summit. A 53' treated timber tower with L-4 cab, built in 1950, was last staffed in 1978. Work began on refurbishing the ground cabin in 2012, while the tower was
left as a standing ruin. In July 2014, the tower cab partially collapsed, necessitating its emergency removal. The ground cab has been fully restored and is available on the Recreation Rental program.