|INDIAN HILL LOOKOUT|
Indian Hill was first used as a permanent lookout station after 1920. At first, it was a tent camp with several observation points along the ridge, then a cabin was built in 1928 (still used for storage), along with a 50' pole tower with 7x7' cab. The present 41' treated timber tower with L-4 cab was built in 1951, and is staffed every summer. It was threatened by the Slims fire in 2003. The tower was damaged during a 2015 forest fire.
|Nez Perce National Forest|
|15 miles northeast of Elk City|
|Idaho County, Idaho|
|USGS Benchmark RY0936|