WERNER PEAK LOOKOUT
Developed in 1911 with a log cabin 1 mile east, a D-1 log cupola cabin was added on the summit in 1914. By 1941, a 10' pole L-4 tower was constructed, replaced by the present 2-story concrete & frame live-in tower in 1983. It is staffed during emergencies and is also available to rent in the summer through the Stillwater State Forest office. The L-4 cab was moved to a museum 1 mile south of Kalispell in 1987.
Montana DNRC
12 miles NNW of Whitefish
Flathead County, Montana
Elevation 6960'
USGS Benchmark TN0792
USGS Benchmark TN0793
Terracache

Click for larger image
Werner Peak in 1941 Werner Peak in 1941 Werner Peak in 1941 Werner Peak in 2004
Photos courtesy of Barbara Boorman and Dominic Luebbers