|BLACK MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT|
First used in 1921 with an elevated cabin, which was replaced in 1935 with a 40' pole tower and L-4 cab, the present 53' treated timber tower with R-6 flat cab was moved from Faset Peak Lookout in 1976, where it had been built in 1963. The lookout was staffed by the Idaho Department of Lands up to 1997, when it was placed on the Forest Service Recreation Rental program.
|Kaniksu National Forest/Idaho Dept. of Lands|
|6 miles southeast of Bonner's Ferry|
|Boundary County, Idaho|
|USGS Benchmark TO0926|
|USGS Benchmark TO0929|